This applies to Version 1.2-72 June 29, 2014
The combination of Forced Arcade Mode and Animation Sequencer now allows users to play pinball in Arcade Mode
while at the same time being able to pan around the table to view the table art and back box. This is especially impressive when the combination of Stereoscopic 3d mode and head tracking mode are enabled.
Table presentation (Animation Sequencer)
It is only for "arcade mode".
You can create animation sequence.
Instruction for end user: Press F1, F2, F3 to play stored animation.
Instruction to create animation:
All is in [Config] -> [Animation sequencer].
You can create 3 animations lists. To replay animation press F1, F2 or F3.
Every animation is build from "static" frames. For every frame, you can set:
- Table translation in 3 axis
- Table scale in 3 axis (it is better to keep same values for all 3 axis)
- Table rotation in 3 axis
- Frame duration in ms.
BAM will add smooth transition between frames.
On default animation list is empty.
To add frame press INSERT.
To remove frame press DELETE.
You can create up to 10 reference points to be animated.
To change column use arrows left/right. Because the arrows are used to switch columns, the l values are entered with numeric keys (and '-' key).
Editor is simple so try it.
To save animations use "Save tableName.seq". It will create simple text file in "cfg" dir with "seq" extension. If you want, you also can edit it in text editor.
Forced Arcade Mode
- BAM-view/Arcade mode accessible from FP "non-arcade" mode. (lets call it "Forced Arcade Mode")
To enable it:
1. In FP in "Video/Rendering Options" uncheck "arcade mode"
2. In BAM menu go to [Addons] menu. Here is switch "Force Arcade Mode".
In this mode You will have same view like in FP Arcade Mode with BAM, but all objects will be visible. (Pinball box/chassie, backbox objects on playfield monitor ....)
- Oculus Rift DK2, Geforce 550 Ti, win 8.1, oculus sdk 0.8
- Oculus Rift DK2, Geforce 550 Ti, win 8.1, oculus home 1.3.2
- Oculus Rift DK1 (thanks Gimli)
- Oculus Rift CV1 (thanks Tortri)
- HTC Vive (thanks RollBall)
- Download & install Future Pinball. (Please install it in default dir: c:gamesFuture Pinball).
- Download BAM-OpenVR.zip and save it in Future Pinball dir (c:gamesFuture Pinball). When unpact it.
- Run FPLoader.exe as Administrator. (It should be in c:gamesFuture PinballBAM-OpenVR). It should load Future Pinball. Now load any table and press F5.
For HTC Vive:
You don't need to install anything more. You already have SteamVR installed.
For Oculus Rift:
- Enable Unknown Sources in Oculus Home. Go to Settings, on left menu, click General then toggle "Unknow Sources".
- Install Steam. Install SteamVR (https://steamdb.info/app/250820/info/).
- SteamVR Beta needed. In Steam select "properties" of SteamVR, go to last tab (Beta) and from combobox select "beta - SteamVR beta update". Steam should download last beta version of SteamVR.
In game menu.
Press Q to show menu.
- Tracking orgin : Seated or Standing
- Scale: 0.2 - 5.0 (default = 1)
- Start cam position: X,Y,Z - you may change "home" position. Z value is used only when Tracking Orgin = Seated.
- AA Mode: Off, 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x
- VSync - it work better for me when it is set to "Off".
- Home key. Default: F12 - This key is to reset camera position.
- Frame latency. Default: 0 - In case of motion sickness try -1 or 1